dimanche 27 mars 2011

Art du dédain™

Dear sir,
Some days ago I received a letter from Mr. Jagger asking me to design a picture or to place at his disposal unpublished work to reproduce on the cover-sleeve for an LP record.
My answer to both questions must be no, as I want to devote all my time and attentions to the many commitments made; I cannot possibly accept any further assignments or spend any time on publicity.
By the way, please tell Mr. Jagger that I am not Maurits to him, but :
Very sincerely, M.C. Escher

[On a un peu de mal à voir en Maurits Cornelis Escher notre contemporain - et pourtant : mort le 27 mars 1972, il a bien eu à connaitre de l'époque. Sinon, la Saint-Aldebert c'est par là clic-clic, et le 27 mars les ghettos brûleront clic-clac.]

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire